This was the first shirt I fixed up. She was so excited to be able to wear it again. I could have left the ends of the sleeves unfinished since knit doesn't fray but there was a cute ruffle on the original cuff so I took it apart with my trusty seam ripper and sewed it onto the new sleeve.
This shirt was the next to get a new look. This time I left the ends unfinished. I love the gathering on the sleeve. I should have waited until I could get some blue thread but I'm impatient. I was going to have a contrasting orange thread on top but set my threads up backward so that didn't work out. She loves it so it's okay.
I have another shirt sitting on my table just waiting for some short sleeves. I might try this out with some of my shirts as well. :)
Thanks for visiting!