Monday, March 28, 2011

I Didn't Win but YOU Might!

I received such awesome feedback on my air guitar t-shirt last week. I was a little bummed that I wasn't a top contender but there was some stiff competition, so many fabulous ideas & talent! I was happily surprised to find my entry was even featured at Ucreate! There are also a lot of new followers and I have now matched the number I had at my previous blog, so there will be a giveaway! I don't blog for comments or features or followers but it feels great to get good feedback. I blog because I love sharing ideas and inspiration. I blog because I firmly believe that everyone has some creative bone in them, even if it's a small one, and just maybe they'll find some inspiration here.

Okay, now onto something crafty! It is still National Craft Month after all. :) This is a coffee cozy I made.

Photobucket

I made these for Christmas gifts for several coffee addicts drinkers I know. Along with a gift card to a local coffee shop it made a great gift for my son's teacher too. I thought the zebra stripe fabric was a fun{ky} touch and the orange lining pops. Some had large buttons like this one and a few had two small ones. I kept the prototype for myself and churned these puppies out in a few sittings. I lost track of how many I made. They are a fairly quick project and you can use larger scraps of fabric to make them. It's a great assembly line project. If you're going to make one go ahead and make five or ten and keep some on hand for a hostess gift or any time you are short on time and in need of a gift. Or am I the only one who procrastinates and time gets away from me?

You can find the tutorial here. Then find some scraps {or head to your local fabric store} and whip up a cozy {or a dozen} and enjoy your fashionable {& reusable!} cup of coffee.

Thanks for visiting!



sew many ways

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...