Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trying Something New #1

Yikes, I am late on this post! I'll do better tomorrow. National Craft Month or not there's still housework to be done and small children to tend to. We had beautiful weather. I opened a window, hung my diapers out to dry and caught up on mundane tasks like dishes and laundry. I also finished up two more of these puppies.

Photobucket




I actually need to give my husband credit for this one. My grandmother gave us three tins of popcorn for Christmas {over Thanksgiving} and when they were empty I was going to take them to the trash. *GASP* I know! What was I thinking? I was thinking I had no space to store them 'just in case'. But my dear husband found a space on the fridge and that's how our kitchen was for a few months.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Changing these into flour bins was a neglected item on my to-do list for a while now and I'm so happy I've finally tackled it. It took a few several coats of spray paint to cover up those cute pups, many hours of drying between and a label purchased from Say It on the Wall and now I just need to find a home for them in our small kitchen. I could have made some labels but don't have vinyl plus since I'm a fan of SIOTW on facebook I was able to take advantage of a 50% off blue light special. She has some great vinyl to use for organizing, motivating, decorating and other things.

{disclaimer: this is not a review of Say It on the Wall products, I did not receive product or payment to say anything about this product.}

Keeping It Real
  • This is my first project involving spray paint.
  • I'm not very patient with spray paint.
  • I am however excellent at getting drippy paint marks using spray paint. {that takes special talent}
  • My husband is much better with spray paint and did a finishing coat for me. {likely out of pity}


Photobucket


Sneak peak of an upcoming 'trash to treasure' project.
Linking to:



Weekend Bloggy Reading

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE how this turned out! It's cute how the hubs are getting into this whole 'hoarding for the sake of possibly making something cute out of it one day' thing LOL

    LOL at the Keeping it Real ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh what a fantastic idea!!!!! I always throw away those tins because I couldn't think of a use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! And so great for storage XOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use up the popcorn buckets we've been given as gifts. Love that.
    http://itsybistypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. smart thinking! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't spray paint the best? :) I've lost count of how many items have been "bedazzled" by spray paint in our house. ;) Did you have to do anything special to the inside to make it food safe since you spray painted?? I have two similar bins that I've been wanted to paint....

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Have fun finding some new reads, and I hope you'll stop by to visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spray paint is fabulous! I hope to get better at applying it in the future. I didn't spray the inside of the tins so no special treatment to make them food safe. I did clean the inside out because I got a few fingerprints in there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...